Friday, November 25, 2011

Bridal Shops Can't Fix the Problem

Shop locally and save money, time and more.
Even bridal shop owners feel bad when a consumer gets cheated by China.  I have hundreds of friend nation wide who own bridal shops and have posted a few of their recent comments regarding Fake Chinese Dress Copies.

A website can never give you the security and ease of a brick and mortar shop
"Knockoffs seems to be a common occurence anymore.  Last year a girl came into the store and wanted to purchase a tony bowls dress that retailed for a little over $700.  Her mother had sticker shock, and did not purchase the dress from me.  A few months past and she came back, desperate for the dress she tried on, and unfortunately we had already sold the sample. Her mother then told me she ordered it directly from china, 'to cut out the middle man'. It was hard not to laugh at this statement, but I let her continue with her story. She said she was able to get the dress ordered for $150. She asked me if I could check the order for her, because it had not arrived and prom was in two weeks!  I told her I was unfortunately not able to do anything because it had no been placed under my account.  I told her the best I could do was check hanging stock, and see if there were any left in her size, so we could order her one from our store, but she would have to pay our price. Luckily there was one left in stock!  The dress arrived from Tony quickly and we did a few minor alterations.  The knock off arrived a month LATE, and was sewn with purple, red, green, and blue threads, made of organza instead of silk/taffetta, and to top it off the sequins were glued on! I don't understand what people think they are going to get for $150. Why does the red flag not go up in peoples' minds?"BR

"I had a girl come in a couple of weeks ago with a really bad knock off.  Dress was glued together and sequins were glued on.  It looked AWFUL!  Money was not the issue (her dad is a local plastic surgeon) she just had to have THIS dress and couldn't find it in any store.  She bought something from me to replace it but was still upset it wasn't "THAT" dress!" DS

"Had a pageant girl and her mom in on Wed. with two eBay specials that were supposed to be Tony Bowls knockoffs.  The mom had ordered the gowns, spent over $600 and had two pieces of trash.  Mom had the printout from the eBay site and both gowns plainly had the TB logo.  The dresses were hideous.  Nothing was salvageable and she ended up buying another pageant gown from me.  Ka-ching!  You just CANNOT educate people about these knock-off gowns!!!" Tricia

4 comments:

  1. I like this blog.I’m really glad I have found this information.This post is really helpful for us. i certainly love this website, keep on it.Excellent post, I will be checking back regularly to look for updates.I like this blog.I’m really glad I have found this information.This post is really helpful for us. i certainly love this website, keep on it.Excellent post, I will be checking back regularly to look for updates.ttp://lawrencepang.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought a knock off because of the type of occasion. I simply didn't want to spend a lot on a one time sweet 16 dress. I did my homework and research and spent about $500 for the Mori Lee dress. The store was part of the official Mori Lee venders. The sales lady waived the sales tax since I paid cash which helped my pockets. The dress is worth every penny however not sure if she will ever wear it again but these memories I will never get back and can only be captured once on film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and beautiful dress, and there are some bridal shops who cant fix their some minor problems.

    Custom Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information.
    http://www.bridalshopsaudiarabia.com/

    ReplyDelete